Nordic Race Series Information
A series of community races and Nordic fun sponsored by Mt. Hood Meadows. Race fee proceeds go to the Hood River Valley High School Nordic Team.
Three days of racing, all Saturdays: January 21st, February 4th, March 4th of 2023.
Three races on each Saturday (details below):
- 5k Community Race
- 10k Community Race
- 2.5k "Poker" Race
Registration: Go to the race registration webpage to sign up.
Costs: Skiers must pay track and race fees separately.
Track fees: For skiers who do not have Meadows Nordic Season Passes. Payable to Mt. Hood Meadows on the race registration webpage or at the Meadows Nordic Center.
- $12 if paid in advance (by 3:00pm on the Friday before each race day)
- $28 day of event (paid at Meadows Nordic Center)
Race fees: Payable to HRV Nordic in advance through Venmo. Just click this link.
Please add racer name(s) in the comment field. Or bring cash or check to the registration table on the day of the race.
- Fees are $25 for a full Saturday of racing (as many races as you want)
- $60 for all three Saturdays, if paid in advance (by 6 PM on January 20th).
Race Day details:
5k Community Race: Go Slow, No Ego
- Begins at 10AM
Awards for top three finishers in each of 6 categories:
Open, ages 10-18 / 19-49 / 50+ and Women, ages 10-18 / 19-49 / 50+
Mass start skate race
One 5k laps
Timing will be done by volunteers (so please be kind.)
10k Community Race: Men in Tights, People of Might
- Begins just after5k race (10:15ish)
- Awards for top three finishers in each of 6 categories:
- Open, ages 10-18 / 19-49 / 50+ and Women, ages 10-18 / 19-49 / 50+
- Mass start skate race
- Two 5k laps for a total of 10k
- Timing will be done by volunteers (so please be kind)
2.5k Poker "Race": Snow Big Deal
- Begins just after 5k & 10k races end (11:00ish)
- A mass start “poker race,” where each participant skis a 2.5k lap, picking up five random playing cards as they ski. At the finish, the top three poker hands win prizes.
- The following actions allow skiers to discard and draw 1-3 new cards to improve their hands:
- Be one of the first three finishers = 1 new card
- Ski in costume = 2 new cards
- Ski with a skier under 8 years or over 75 years of age = 3 new cards
Fill out the Race Registration Form
This event is a fundraiser for the Hood River Valley High School Nordic Team.