Pass Protection and Gear Check Bundled at a Great Rate
Secure yourself, your equipment and your season with Mt. Hood Meadows. A lot can happen over the course of your season. Protect your pass investment with Pass Protection. Mt. Hood Meadows Pass Protection Program offers a pro-rated credit if your season is ended by injury, medical condition or relocation. Restrictions and conditions do apply. For program details, see the full policy below.
Gear Check provides a secure location for you to check your equipment with our attendants at the main lodge. Why take a chance on having your equipment stolen when Gear Check is so affordable?
2022-2023 Mt. Hood Meadows Season Pass Protection Policy
Mt. Hood Meadows Season Pass Protection safeguards your season pass purchase from certain unplanned occurrences that prevent you from using your season pass. These occurrences include:
- Season-ending illness or injury of pass holder or immediate family member (parents, siblings, children or spouse)
- Loss of employment (or layoff) of a job held for at least 1 year
- Primary residence is made uninhabitable due to fire, flood, vandalism or natural disaster
- A medical condition or relocation that prevents the pass holder from using their pass for at least 2 months
Who is eligible?
Any individual who purchases a season pass from Mt. Hood Meadows for the specific season may purchase the Season Pass Protection add-on specifically for their Mt. Hood Meadows season pass. Mt. Hood Meadows Season Pass Protection has to be purchased by December 1, 2022. Season Pass Protection is non-transferable, and non-refundable.
Season Pass Refund Protection Benefit
The maximum benefit of the Season Pass Protection cannot exceed the purchased amount of the season pass (excluding the cost of the Season Pass Protection which is non-refundable). The maximum benefit amount per season pass will be paid if the season pass holder is prevented from using their pass for at least 2 months due to the pass holder or pass holder's immediate family member's injury, illness, or pregnancy; the pass holder's military deployment, loss of job, or their primary residence is made inhabitable; or have relocated at least 100 miles from Mt. Hood Meadows.
The claim must be submitted within 30 days of original injury/diagnosis, job/military relocation or moving.
With respect to injury, sickness or pregnancy of the pass holder or pass holder's immediate family; a physician must state in writing that “Due to the severity of the condition, (pass holders name) cannot ski/ride as of (specified date or injury or diagnosis) for at least 2 months.” The pass holder or pass holder's immediate family member must be under the direct care and attendance of said physician. The pass holder or pass holder's immediate family member agrees to allow Mt. Hood Meadows direct contact with said physician for medical verification.
With respect to the military deployment; the pass holder is called to active duty, military service or military leave, or reassigned while the pass holder is covered under the Season Pass Protection Benefit. The pass holder has to prove that they have been reassigned either by their personal orders or a change of address form from the U.S. Postal Service.
With respect to relocation; the pass holder must show proof that the relocation is greater than 100 miles from Mt. Hood Meadows' physical address by supplying a change of address form from the U.S. Postal Service, or a proof of address change via DMV.
With respect to job loss, pass holder must show proof of employment for at least 1 year and proof of loss of job.
With respect to primary residence made uninhabitable, pass holder must be able to provide insurance claim or police report.
An approved request will only be processed to a Pass holder Stored Value Credit or to a valid credit or debit card. If electing to receive the refund by credit card, an approved request is subject to a $10 processing fee. The amount refunded will be prorated (percentage will be addressed after any applicable fee would be applied) based on the date the pass holder was deemed unable to use said pass and based off the documentation provided in the request. Refunds to Pass holder Stored Value will not incur a processing fee.
The prorated amount when using Pass Protection is calculated by the following:
||Percentage to be Refunded
|Prior to December 14th*
|100%, minus $75 for each day the pass was used
|Dec 15 – Jan 15*
|Jan 16- Feb 15*
|Feb 16 – Mar 31*
|After April 1*
|100%, minus $75 for each day the pass was used
|100%, minus $100 for each day the pass was used
|* Documented date of medical injury or relocation.
Once Season Pass Protection is enacted, the season pass cannot be reinstated for the current season. Pass holders that have received a pass refund due to injury or illness cannot ski or ride at Mt. Hood Meadows for at least 2 months after the date stated on the doctor’s note. After 2 months, the pass holders can purchase another Mt. Hood Meadows lift product at the current price.
Season Pass Protection Policy refunds are not payable in whole or in part for the following:
- Season pass holders who do not have the Season Pass Protection add-on
- Any reason not specifically detailed in the Season Pass Protection Policy
- Staff, Volunteer, Industry, Trade, Media, Complementary and Donated items
- The cost of the Season Pass Protection add-on
- Any amount in excess of the purchase of the season pass, less the cost of the Season Pass Protection per season pass covered
- Claims made after the established reporting date parameters (30 days from date of injury or after April 1st of said specified season)
- If pass is not used or picked up
Effective date, Termination Date and Processing Timeline
Effective date: Season Pass Protection coverage is provided for the specific season for which the season pass has been purchased at Mt Hood Meadows.
Termination date: Season Pass Protection coverage ends at 11:59 pm on the earlier of: 1) March 31st of the specified season in which the pass was purchased, or 2) the date in which the pass holder has been determined that the pass cannot be used further as defined by the appropriate documentation, whether it is medical or relocation.
Processing timeline: From the time the full documentation is received to the potential fulfillment of the season pass refund may take anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks.
- Injury – means bodily injury which is sustained as a direct result of an unintended, unanticipated accident that is external to the body and that occurs while the pass holder is covered under the Season Pass Protection and must be verified by a doctor’s note with original date of injury on official medical letter head
- Medically Necessary – means that the Physician’s recommendation is consistent with the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the pass holder’s condition; is appropriate with regard to standards of good medical practice; and not primarily for the convenience of the pass holder while the pass holder’s covered under the Season Pass Protection, and must be verified by a doctor’s note, on official medical letter head, with date of diagnosis
- Pregnancy – complications of pregnancy, normal pregnancy or childbirth must occur while the pass holder’s coverage under the Season Pass Protection is currently active and must be verified by medical records/doctor’s note, on official medical letter head, with date of diagnosis
- Military Deployment – called to active military service or military leave is revoked or reassigned while the pass holder’s covered under the Season Pass Protection
- Pass holder – means the individual who purchases the Season Pass as well as the Season Pass Protection from Mt Hood Meadows for the specified ski season
- Physician – a licensed practitioner of the healing arts that acts within the scope of his/her license who is NOT the pass holder or a person who is related to the pass holder by blood, marriage, civil union partnership or living arrangement
- Sickness – refers to a illness/diagnosis or disease that requires treatment by a licensed Physician
- Skiing/Ski – refers to the act of Alpine or Nordic skiing
- Snowboarding – refers to the act of snowboarding
- Immediate family members - refers to the pass holder's parents, siblings, children, or spouse
If Pass Protection was not added to a Season Pass, a request can be made for a return to Pass Holder Value - we will not refund to a credit card without Pass Protection. The prorated amount when Pass Protection was not added to a Pass is calculated by the following:
|| Percentage to be returned to Pass Holder Value
| Before 12/14/2022 if pass is unused
| 12/15/2022 - 2/1/2023 or if used in prior period
| After 2/1/2023
The written request must contain:
1. The reason for the request
2. Documentation for the reason – For example doctor’s notes on an official medical letter head, deployment papers via US military, or a completed USPS change of address
The written request may be mailed or emailed to:
Mt Hood Meadows
PO Box 470
Mt. Hood OR, 97041
Email to: email@example.com