Hood River Meadows (HRM) Lot
We also have a satellite parking area at Hood River Meadows (HRM). This parking lot offers easy access to the HRM chairlift and first tracks into Heather Canyon. After both the Main Parking Lot and Sunrise Parking Lot are full, we will again direct traffic into this lot. This parking lot is also open by 8 AM for our guests that want to park here. You will find the HRM lodge at this location, which has restrooms, the Renaissance Café, day use lockers and tickets. Please note that we don’t offer rentals or lessons from this location. Again you will be greeted by Meadows buses that will take you to the main lodge if we have directed you to this parking lot. If you park at HRM, please note that you can ski or ride back to your car until 4 PM. After 4 PM, you can ride the shuttle bus from the main lodge back to your car.
We no longer allow parking on the HRM access road due to safety and guest service issues. Please do not try to park along the access road, and always follow the directions of our parking crew. Thanks!
Oregon Sno-Park Permits
Meadows parking lots require your car to display a Sno-Park permit. It's $5 for the day or $30 for the season, and the permit can be purchased at the resort. You must have a valid Sno-Park permit displayed in the windshield of your vehicle if you park in designated winter recreation parking areas between November 1 and April 30. The penalty for parking in a designated area without a permit may result in a fine of $30. Get more information on Oregon Sno-Park permits!
Hood River Shuttles
Columbia Area Transit (CAT) is running buses from Hood River. These buses are desirable for guests who are concerned about driving their own vehicle in winter conditions, as it should be below the snow line on most days. Make sure you have a pass and a reservation before you get on the bus. Get all the details here.
As we reach capacity in our main lots, we will:
- Place signage along Highway 26 and Highway 35, updating parking lot status
- Update our conditions page and tweet on Twitter, alerting you when our main lots have reached capacity and the remote lots are open
So bring on the powder and the bluebird weekends. We’ll see you on the mountain!
The long-term solution is to explore additional parking for resort guests. In the meantime, there are steps we can take to maximize the parking space we currently have:
- Car Pool - the more people in each vehicle, the less vehicles are needed to take up parking spaces. This will also reduce the amount of carbon emissions created from vehicles traveling to the mountain, so it is a much more sustainable alternative
- Take the bus -the Hood River CAT buses are a great option if you don't want to drive
- Park precisely - follow the directions of our parking crew to park exactly where they tell you which will prevent extra unnecessary and wasteful gaps between cars
- Avoid the obvious peak days - it's usually the first "blue bird' day following fresh snow during a holiday period. Everyone heads to the mountain for freshies
- Adjust your travel schedule - many guests plan on arriving after noon for Meadows After Dark. You'll usually find parking in our Main Lot parking even on peak days as the morning guests got their turns in and start heading down the mountain, opening up parking spaces
RV Overnight Parking
We offer 14 overnight RV spaces available in our Sunrise Lot. Get details here!
Guest Parking Problems? That's What We're Here For!
Contact the Concierge Desk if you have a flat tire, need a jump start or have locked your keys into your car. Our friendly parking team will help you with these problems.